A platform to create awareness about innovative practices and fostering multi-disciplinary research through amalgamation of academia and industry
Geosynthetic Reinforced Structures have emerged as leading solutions for the infrastructure demand of India with a better economy and safety. The Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) entrusted a panel with developing a Code of Practice for this technology to be adopted at large. On the occasion of this panel completing its task, a workshop with live broadcast online is being scheduled that focuses on the developments and future of Geosynthetic Reinforced Structures in India. Besides commenting on the code development, the panel members will share their present experience and vision for the future in this workshop.
- Shri J. K. Gupta, Chairman, Textiles Department, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Shri Vivek Kapadia, President, IGS India Chapter
- Prof. G.V. Rao (BIS Panel Chair), IIT Gandhinagar
- Prof. K. Rajagopal, IIT Madras
- Shri Shahrokh Bagli, Strata Geosystems (India) Pvt Ltd.
- Prof. M. Venkataraman, IIT Gandinagar
- Dr. Jimmy Thomas, Independent Civil Engineering Professional
- Shri U.K. Guruvittal, CSIR – Central Road Research Institute
- Shri Saurabh Vyas, Techfab (India) Industries Ltd.
- Dr. Ratnakar Mahajan, Maccaferri Environmental Sol. Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Atanu Adhikari, Reinforced Earth India Pvt. Ltd.
- Ms. Dola Roychowdhury, GCUBE Consulting Engineers LLP.
- Dr. Anil Dixit, Landmark Material Testing And Research Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Kolli Mohan Krishna, IIT Gandhinagar
- Prof. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar
- 10 August, 2020: Webinar on "Sustainable hard and soft measures for coastal protection"
- 20 July, 2020: Webinar on "Indigenous solutions opportunities for High Speed Railway applications"
- 06 July, 2020: Webinar on "Road ahead for Jute Geotextiles (JGT) and its blends with other Natural Fibres"
- 22 June, 2020: Webinar on "Regional Rapid Transit System in National Capital Region (NCR)"
- 08 June, 2020: Webinar on "Development of Geosynthetics Reinforced-soil Structure for Japanese high-speed bullet train - Shinkansen"
- 26 May, 2020: Webinar on "Challenges in the Geotechnical Investigations of Hydroelectric Projects"
- 11 May, 2020: Webinar on "Learning from Civil Engineering in the Harappan Civilization"
- 04 May, 2020: Webinar on "Innovative Geosynthetic Applications in Hydraulic Structures"
- 27 April, 2020: Webinar on "Innovative Flexible Two-Stage Facing MSE Wall Solution to Address Soft Ground and Land Subsidence Geohazards"