A platform to create awareness about innovative practices and fostering multi-disciplinary research through amalgamation of academia and industry
Geotechnical Lab Simulator for Engineering Education
- Download the file “Geo-Sim.msi” and save it somewhere on your hard-disk.
- Double click on the saved file to Run “Geo-Sim.msi”
- If you have an installed copy on your computer, you will see options for ‘Repair’ and ‘Remove’. Please select ‘Remove’ and click on “Finish”.
- Run the file: “Geo-Sim.msi” again to install the software.
To run the software, you will have shortcuts in startup and desktop.
For some help on the Geo-Sim usage: Click Here
- Penumadu D., Prashant A., Frost J.D., (2004). “A Virtual Triaxial Compression Test Simulator,” 17th ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference, 13-16 June 2004, Delaware, USA, DOI: 10.1061/40803(187)270
- Penumadu D., Prashant A., (2006). “Virtual Simulator for Advanced Geotechnical Laboratory Testing,” GeoCongress 2006, February 26-March 1, 2006, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Financial support from the National Science Foundation (NSF) through grants EEC-0296187 is gratefully acknowledged. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of NSF.
- 10 August, 2020: Webinar on "Sustainable hard and soft measures for coastal protection"
- 20 July, 2020: Webinar on "Indigenous solutions opportunities for High Speed Railway applications"
- 06 July, 2020: Webinar on "Road ahead for Jute Geotextiles (JGT) and its blends with other Natural Fibres"
- 22 June, 2020: Webinar on "Regional Rapid Transit System in National Capital Region (NCR)"
- 08 June, 2020: Webinar on "Development of Geosynthetics Reinforced-soil Structure for Japanese high-speed bullet train - Shinkansen"
- 26 May, 2020: Webinar on "Challenges in the Geotechnical Investigations of Hydroelectric Projects"
- 11 May, 2020: Webinar on "Learning from Civil Engineering in the Harappan Civilization"
- 04 May, 2020: Webinar on "Innovative Geosynthetic Applications in Hydraulic Structures"
- 27 April, 2020: Webinar on "Innovative Flexible Two-Stage Facing MSE Wall Solution to Address Soft Ground and Land Subsidence Geohazards"